Tuesday, September 20, 2005

make it stop!

I haven't posted, or called people back, or darn near anything lately because I'm too busy. The highlights:

I have my first state speaking assignment. One of the NCSL deals is that staff go to states to give presentations on whatever subject they work on - sort of the "expert witness" deal for committees. I'm going to Iowa in 2 weeks to talk about medical malpractice stuff, which has been my only substantive topic for a year and a half. So I'm definitely familiar with it. Iowa isn't exactly a place to get all excited about, but well, I gotta start somewhere and you don't think that my boss would send ME to Hawaii instead of going herself ... In fact, she would go herself even to Iowa, but it's a major Jewish holiday that day so she's not going anywhere. I have until the end of this week to have my first draft ready for her to go over, and I have 90 minutes to fill. Ouch.

Adam and I went to Williamsburg yesterday to meet with the Admissions dean and tour the law school at William and Mary. We definitely like it. The law school is all in one building about 3 blocks from the main campus, so it's far enough away that the undergrad noise doesn't distract. The building is really nice and they'll have an addition to the library done next summer, right before Adam would start. We didn't get to see as much of the town as I would have liked, but we wandered around some of the colonial section. We liked it. There's a farmer's market there on the weekends, which we would REALLY enjoy.

And now I have to get caught up with everything in the office that I missed from being gone yesterday. Bleh on getting caught up.

No comments: