Monday, September 19, 2005

hymn book woes

During Sunday School yesterday, I was told to pick the hymns for Relief Society, since that's my calling. The topic was service. I had my new hymn book with me, because Tawnia and I had sung in Sacrament meeting, so I looked up "service" in the back of the book. When I went to look at the hymn "Because I Have Been Given Much" I was shocked to find that it wasn't in my hymnal. Actually, I didn't have any hymns between #205 and #234! So Mom, where did you get my hymnbook? If it was at Deseret Book, I'll take this one there, and have them replace it, because I'd like ALL the hymns, not most of them. I'm missing half the Christmas section, and a lot of other good songs. I know that I've had it for the last 2 months, but I hadn't really used it much before now. But with my new calling of music director in Relief Society, I thought it would be nice to use it each week .. but now I can't. So please let me know what you think I should do.

On a happier note, I finished a drawing this weekend. The family page wasn't working, so I went ahead and posted it on the sisters page. I think everyone should definately check it out, and post comments about how wonderful they think it is. I had lots of fun working on it. As I finish more little projects, I'll post them on my webpage (which, by the way, has pictures of the individual kittens), and I'll keep you updated on when that happens. (Oregon, could you please send me more pictures of the kittens, as they open their eyes?)

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Yes, I got the book at Deseret Book so you can take it there. I didn't think to check and make sure it was all there. I took pictures yesterday and they'll be in the mail today. They are much cuter with their eyes open and they're etting fat, especially Mousie.