Monday, February 27, 2006

FHE from the homefront

I had to check back and see what I'd written last month to make sure that I don't repeat myself. Mindy's comment about vacations leads me to what I wanted to mention this time. That's the importance of making memories. One of the best ways to make memories is with traditions. Every family should have their own set of traditions. I remember that my dad commented one time that we weren't doing things the way they'd always been done in the Beers family. I had to point out that we're the Palmers and we have our own traditions. Some traditions we kept from our parents and some we've developed on our own. I hope that you will make traditions, especially when you have children. Christmas, Easter, and other holidays are great times for them. Family Home Evening can be a tradition. Lately we've been making some good memories by having Nathan and Amanda over for Sunday dinner and playing games. They come over about once a month. I wish more of you were closer so we could have you over, too.

Another special way to make memories is to take family vacations. They don't have to be expensive, as you can all attest to. They just need to be fun. Even weekend trips can be special. Since we love to travel, we've carted our children all over the countryside. People who don't enjoy traveling can find a few favorite spots to camp or stay. The important thing is to do things together as a family. I hope you all have as many good memories from our traditions and vacations as I have.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: