Monday, February 27, 2006

Family FHE

Last night at ward prayer, Tawnia and I were talking to a boy named James. Originally we were talking about work and school, but then he asked a question about future families and such. If you are financially well off, how would you make sure you kids aren't spoiled? Tawnia said that her children would be able to take piano or music or dance lessons or be on sports teams. I liked that idea, but it can get really hectic with everyone's various schedules, so I think they'd just have to pick one thing. They'd still have to do chores and do well in school to keep the lessons. My idea was to spend the money on vacations. My most vivid memories are the summer vacations to California and Yellowstone, and all the fun places we went. Maybe having more money would mean going to more places, or flying places, or staying in hotels, but I probably have more memories of camp grounds and riding in the van than anything else. That's definately a tradition I would like to continue with my children, whether we're financially well off or not.

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Did you see that I put pictures of our Yellowstone vacation on my page recently? I added a few other things here and there, too.