Friday, February 03, 2006

Wait.

Jared is THIRTY? And ERIC is thirty... one? Really? Sheesh. We're rackin' 'em up here, aren't we. But really - half the time I don't even remember my own age anymore, just that I'm more than 30 and less than 40. I do remember the dates of everyone's birthday and what year we were all born (except I keep getting stuck with Brooke, and I'm losing track of what years Eric and Jared got married) ... but to figure out someone's age anymore, I have to actually do the math. Hopefully I do better with my kids and don't end up stupid like the parents in the movie Matilda: "You're 4!" "No, I'm 5! It's time for me to go to school!" That would be bad.

Well, anyway, Happy Birthday, Jared! 30 was a big decade mark for me - I spent the whole decade of my 20s trying to figure myself out ... while there are still many, many unknowns out there, I at least have a pretty good handle on who I am and what I want out of life, and I hit that at about 30. So I hope for that for you (and Eric and Laurel, the other 30-ites among us).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Brooke's birthdate is December 30, 1999. Our anniversary is July 18, 1998. I have tons of family. I have a hard time keeping track myself.