Wednesday, February 15, 2006

was it Valentine's?

Actually, this year's Valentine's Day was better than last years. I can't recall a single thing that made last February 14th in any way special or romantic. Good thing I'm not in Canada anymore, huh? This year though, my ex-boyfriend Derek sent both me and Tawnia roses. We knew they were coming, but it was still nice. Three dozen red, pink, and white between the two of us, so they're gorgeously adorning our coffee table. And then the chocolate. Working at an elementary school, I got to have a Valentine's Day party, including all the little paper valentines from my class. I got more chocolates than I did at Christmas, and I still hadn't eaten all of those yet. I'm good until Easter at least. And then I worked at Subway in the evening, teaching a new girl how to close properly. It's been nice having new people there, so I'm not working alone at night, but I think last night was the last night, and tonight and Monday (when I'm working again) I'll be alone once more. Ah well. I knew it wouldn't last, no matter how much more safe it was.

In the end though, beyond the chocolate and roses and cards, I love my family. You're all wonderful, and I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to this summer. I'm glad I don't have anything holding me back anymore, and that I can finally meet Adam and Bryan .. and Stevie and Summer too. Sister pictures, and family pictures, it'll all be great. I can't wait to give everyone a big hug.

No comments: