Tuesday, February 21, 2006

we're back

We had our nice little diversion in Florida and now we're back in DC and at work. We didn't do a whole lot while we were down there - just visited with various family and friends. It was nice. We went to the Mardi Gras parade in Mobile (so now I can say I've done something in Alabama or "Bammer" besides drive through it) on Friday night. It didn't make a lot of sense to me - Mardi Gras doesn't, really - but it was fun. It wasn't the debauchery that New Orleans is reputed to be. Mobile is more "family oriented" and a lot of people take their children. We have lots and lots of beads that were thrown off the floats. I did eat a MoonPie, which is this marshmallow and cookie thing that sounds pretty good but is actually quite disgusting. (More Southern food for me to be grossed out over.)

I agree with Tawnia that people are posting far too infrequently these days. And where the heck has Jared been hiding? Are you waiting for someone to notice your lengthy absence and comment on it? Well, here's your comment. I noticed. And please put the movie page back up - I need to reference a few things that you had on it for doing some more work on the script. Muchas gracias.

REMINDER: Next Monday, Feb. 27, is the last Monday of the month so it's time for the Blog FHE again - more articles, stories or "what I've learned" statements about family and/or parenting to share! Thank you for participating!

No comments: