Saturday, August 13, 2005

Shooting Stars

Last night was the branch campout, and we went up to the top of Mt. Richmond. It's a few miles northwest of Yamhill. It was an excellent place for stargazing, especially since there was a meteor shower. We saw a lot of shooting stars -- sometimes little glimpses where I couldn't be sure whether I saw it or not, the long white streaks that make me gasp in amazement, and even a fiery meteor flying straight over our heads. I actually saw two of those. I think I saw about twenty meteors, but I couldn't really keep track. It's more than I've ever seen before, probably more than in the rest of my life. It was amazing. This morning, I woke up pretty early. We had breakfast, and then I ended up playing hearts and Monopoly. It was pretty fun.

Emily

No comments: