Sunday, August 28, 2005

Not so good news

Laurel came home too soon. She is back in the hospital now. She was having problems breathing so she went back in about 1:00 this morning. Eric wants her to stay there long enough for him to get an air conditioner for their bedroom. It's been very hot lately and that doesn't help Laurel at all.

Stevie is doing super. Eric said they took him off the IV and he's getting all his food via the tube. They'll soon start trying him on the bottle to see if he can swallow. When he is strong enough to nurse and is gaining weight, they'll probably send him home. Maybe two or three weeks - more if he gets any infections or if there are other complications. Every day he makes it without a complication lessens the chance of there being any.

That's the latest from my conversation with Eric. He was the one who beeped in while I was talking to you, Jared.

Take care everyone and keep those prayers coming for Laurel and Stevie.

Love ya,
MOM

5 comments:

Michelle said...

See Nate, I told you so!

Skippy said...

I did not think that you were lying.

Michelle said...

It's not that I was lying (because obviously I wasn't)... I was just ... hypothesizing. Yeah, hypothesizing.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Clue the rest of us in, guys. Was it your hypothesis that it was Eric calling or that Laurel was back in the hospital or what?

Michelle said...

Right after I got off the phone with you (because you got a beep) I tried to call Eric, but it went straight to voicemail. So I hypothesized that your beep had in fact been Eric (and I was right) and I called Nathan and told him about it.