Thursday, August 25, 2005

A few details

I talked to Eric this morning. I'm not sure how many monitors are on Baby Stevie, but I do know that he's breathing on his own. They gave him some oxygen through a nose tube but not for very long. They are feeding him through a tube until his sucking reflex improves and Laurel can start nursing. Eric said he hasn't any jaundice, at least not at the moment. He's a beautiful ruddy red color with curly blond hair and he looks like Eric, not Laurel. He's long and skinny and is in the Children's hospital where he can be closely watched. He's in a warming bed because he's so tiny. They aren't sure how long he'll be in the hospital. Sometimes complications don't show up for the first day or two but Eric will let us know if there is anything. Also, if I have any of my facts wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me.(Please)

Right now, Eric is more concerned about Laurel. She's having a little trouble getting her breath and they're giving her medication for her blood pressure to make sure she doesn't have any seizures. Just having the baby hasn't made everything fine. He said his job today is to send the visitors home so she doesn't get too tired and stressed.

I guess that's all for the moment. We'll be sure to post or call if anything changes. I will call Eric each morning, unless he calls me at night, and I'll post any news that comes my way. I'm hoping he'll put some pictures up soon.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: