Monday, August 22, 2005

Dearest Family

I know everyone is anxious to hear any news from Eric and Laurel. I talked to Eric last night and there is no change. When little Stevie comes either Eric or I will call each one of you. They feel very confident in their doctors and the care Laurel and the baby are receiving. Their doctor specializes in high risk pregnancies, and when he comes all the facilities for premies are at St Joseph's Hospital in Orange, which is where Laurel is, so they are in good hands. She has also had several blessings in the last few days and I put her name in the temple on Thursday. I knew her blood pressure was up and figured she could use some special prayers. I'm glad I did. Heavenly Father is in control.

I need to get busy and make his blessing outfit. I think I'll go shopping today and find some things for our sweet baby boy. If this little guy holds off for a few more days he could be born on Eric's birthday. What a special gift, either way.

I wish I could be there but Eric advised me not to go rushing down there right now. If I went I wouldn't be able to stay very long. I have to start back to work next Monday, and he may not be born by then.

The main thing the rest of us can do is to keep praying for them. Eric will call when he can but he wants to spend most of his time at the hospital. He was home last night when he called me but he probably didn't sleep very well.

Love always,
MOM

No comments: