Friday, August 12, 2005

hi

Look, I'm finally posting. Aren't you all just thrilled. I have been extremely busy and I'm afraid this post isn't going to make a lot of sense since I've been up since 4 a.m.

Tues-Thurs I was in trainings all day. Tuesday night was enrichment, Wednesday was Amy's birthday, and then last night was an "end of the semester" party at a friends house. This morning I got up early (see time noted above) and drove Stephanie and Bill to the airport.

I think it finally hit me yesterday just how soon school will be starting. I got my class list on Tuesday and I've started preparing materials with the students names. It's just crazy. I have 2 Nathans, 2 Jordans, and 2 Austins. (And 20 other students.) Anyway, crunch time is here (I'm also dealing with the whole issue of moving) and I have very little spare time. Even at Amy's b-day party I was sitting and labeling folders. There just aren't enough hours left until school starts.

My most exciting news, which you've all heard about, I'm sure. Is the arrival of my new baby. Petey (aka Pete, Peter) is a 2004 Hyundai Elantra. He's bright blue and comes with AC and a CD player. I also like the power windows and locks. These are all things that Hank doesn't have. Hank is still sitting in my parking lot. He is currently my storage car... and I'll figure out what to do with him after I move into my new place. It does make me sad to see him go though. I had many great memories with him.

Famous people: Well, the only ones I can think of at the moment are David Bednar and John Williams. I had FHE at the Bednar's home when he was the president of Ricks. It was very cool when he got called to be an apostle. And I met John Williams and got his autograph when I graduated from USU, because he was given an honorary degree at that time... and they did this big concert where they played lots of his music. I've shaken hands with some other apostles (I honestly don't remember which) and I've at least seen the first presidency from pretty close up. That was while I was at Ricks (the Taylor building was dedicated and Bednar was put in as the president.)

I have tons to do.
Love,
Tawnia

No comments: