Friday, August 26, 2005

News from the south

I talked to Eric this morning. Laurel had a rough day yesterday but she is doing much better this morning. She had lots of fluid in her lungs and they were able to get that drained so now she can breathe better. She was also able to get some sleep, which she hadn't really done since she had him.

Stephen is doing fine. He's learning to suck. He has lots of tubes and wires - heart monitor, respiration monitor, feeding tube in his nose, IV. I don't know if there are any others, but those are the ones Eric mentioned. He's in an isolette (like an incubator). I'm sure they want to keep him warm and he needs quiet. They let Eric hold him whenever he goes over there. He spent some time there last night when he knew that Laurel was OK and was resting.

Eric promised to get some pictures up for us soon. I hope this answers some of your questions and like I said before, I'm sure Eric will correct all my errors when he has a chance.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: