Monday, August 01, 2005

buuuuuuuuuusy weekend

Tawnia, I didn't call you back because we've been running like crazy the whole weekend. See, the Websters - who are the "surrogate parents" of all the single people and newly-married couples in the ward - are moving to Colorado today. We are inheriting some of their furniture which they don't have room for - a computer desk, 2 area rugs (we have hardwood floors and nothing on them), and their super-comfy couch set. And many, many videos because they've made the complete switch to DVD. So anyway, Saturday, we were helping them finish with their packing, and then running more and more errands. Among other things, we went to Ikea and got Adam an awesome captain's chair for the computer desk. We also went to an older sister's house in our ward - Bro. Webster was her computer tech, and he has passed the torch to Adam. And I went to a baby shower ... I'm trying to think if there was anything else we did.

Yesterday after church, I went visiting teaching and Adam did team-ups with the missionaries. And we were at the Websters again. In fact, I was at the Websters when I got Tawnia's message, and I gave my phone to Sis. Webster to listen to it. She thought it was very funny as well. HER messages - the ones on her answering machine when you call her - are the most hilarious ever. We also got phone calls from lots of people - we haven't called most of them back yet. I did talk to Eric, and the other person we talked to is London. She's engaged to Adam's brother Joe and it was the first time we'd talked to her. They're getting married on Wed. Sept. 14 in the Mesa Temple, so we will not be able to go.

So yeah. I'm sure this sounds really jumbled - it was jumbled. Our house is still completely destroyed, trying to get things in and out and all. Next Sunday will be better to talk to people ... if I'm not sleeping.

No comments: