Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Well, Look at the Time

Okay, so I just wanted to point out the time of when I'm posting this. You're all looking at it now and wondering... why is Tawnia posting at 10 a.m. on a Wednesday morning. Yes, there is school today, and I should be there (no I didn't quit or get fired... hopefully I'll be back at work in a couple of hours)... but here's the story.

On Friday as I got home from work and got out of my car (with my hands full of stuff) I closed my car door and it made a strange clunk sound. I looked and realized it wasn't closed... and I figured that I had closed my seatbelt in the door. So I shifted things around in my hands, got my keys out and opened the door only to discover that I had not closed my seatbelt in the door... and now my door wouldn't close if the lock wasn't down....

Saturday I had to drive to Orem to go out to lunch with a couple of friends and well... my door still wouldn't close completely, but it latched enough so that I figured I'd be okay. Only problem now is that the "door open" alarm goes off continually... beep, beep, beep, beep.... it's like an annoying alarm clock and drives me crazy.

Sunday, I left my car and walked to stake conference up on BYU campus.

Monday, I drove to work while listening to Harry Potter very loudly... enough that the beeping didn't bother me too much.

Tuesday, again I drove to work only I had forgotten to get the next Harry Potter CD (I'm listening to book 5 which my roommate has on CD)... so instead I listened to my EFY CD (which it turns out is really scratched up... makes me sad) and then the radio. I left work early yesterday because I knew that Amy's dad was coming down from I.F. and I figured that he could look at it for me. He and Bill (Amy's brother) both looked at it, put some WD-40 on the latches and then continued to look at it while I left and went out to dinner with my friend Marne. When I got home they told me that they wouldn't be able to fix it. They think that the hinges are bent out of alignment. I asked Randy (the dad) if he thought it would be okay for me to drive with it for a few more days, or if I should get it fixed. He said, it would be best to take it to my nearest Nissan dealer ASAP because you never know when the door could come flying off. And then he told me that he's actually seen car doors come off and then swing back through the windshield...

And since I like my head, I drove it (my car, not my head) to the Nissan dealer in Orem this morning... they shuttled me back to Provo, and now I'm just waiting for them to call me and tell me what's wrong with it.

And that is why I'm posting at 10 on a Wednesday morning.

No comments: