Friday, November 19, 2004

FINISHED

Dear family,

I had a deadline to meet: midnight on the last day of November. And I finished at exactly eight o'clock in the evening on the nineteenth. (I would have been finished about five mintues sooner, but Jared called at that moment and no one else is around to answer the phone. Oh, by the way, Mom, Jared called.)

Yes, my story is complete -- sort of. Okay, it's not my best story, not by far, but at least it is an almost coherent and complete story, even if I do tend to repeat myself and ramble at times. By the end I was just going into detailed descriptions of fountains, but this turned out to be good because it inspired the final scene in the story: a meeting at the unicorn fountain at midnight on the night of the full moon will mean that you were meant to be together. And Jared has to go with his cousin Dustin because Dustin wants to meet a girl, and there Jared meets a young woman called Abish (first name I could think of) who was apparently set up by someone, and so they end up together. (This was really inspired by something I heard that happens at Utah State; ask Tawnia for details since I can't remember them all.)

Yes, I'm done. Hooray, hooray, hooray! Go me! Go me! 50,068 words.

Love,
Emily

No comments: