Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Update from Eric and Laurel

Well, lots has been going on here. Sorry for not posting more. I've enjoyed reading everybody's posts. Except I feel bad for Bryan getting a macaroni up his nose. And for Nathan getting into a car accident. Is Nathan okay? Anybody heard?

Just now Laurel was frustrated because Skeeter was out of his cage and wouldn't go back. So I walked in the room and said "Get back into that cage young man!" And he flew right down from the ceiling fan and into the cage.

Laurel's sister Kathleen (aka "Soy") spent all last week with us. We took her to Disneyland and the Wild Animal Park (near San Diego). It was a fun time. Soy is 13 now, and has that sullen teen thing down pat. She also had fun playing with Rachel's kids, so it's obvious she still has some little kid in her. I taught Rachel's kids how to play Sardines on Sunday night, and they really enjoyed it. Okay, so I also have some little kid in me.

Saturday morning we went to Grandma's 94th birthday. She was looking very well and actually seems more healthy, alert, and coherent than she has in years. Gary and Karen took us out to lunch afterwards, along with T and Ray and the girls, and Leigh. It was a good time, but we had to get back to load up the car for the trip to Redlands.

Laurel got a call from a gallery (actually, a hair salon that also sells art) in Redlands that they want her show now, and not in January. So we framed the pictures this week and drove out to Redlands on Saturday to hang the show. They look really good. You can see them on the web when we get them up. Ben Majors came over to photograph them Friday night.

Anyway, this morning the gallery owners called to tell us that a lady came in and bought four of the paintings for her house in Palm Springs. They said there's a lot of interest in them and we haven't even advertised yet! So Laurel is gearing up to paint more and I'm really proud of her.

And the job search is... still going on. I have a lot of homework and job searching to do this week. It keeps me busy, which is good. I'll keep you posted on all that.

I'm still not quite sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving. Theresa is having dinner at her place, so we may swing by there. I think I might play football with the ward in the morning... it should be a good day.

I am thankful for my wonderful family. I love you all.

Eric

No comments: