Friday, November 05, 2004

Thanks Mindy

Your drawing is much better than my clip art conglomeration. I'm enjoying the artwork you're posting on the page. I think I've figured out what I want on my page. Now I just need to learn how to get it on there so it won't take up too much space. I guess I'll have to learn how to write HTML. I'm really not very good at it.

I haven't had a lot of time lately to work on the computer. I'm involved in a church project called "The Gift of Family History" the missionaries give a card to an investigator so they can list the names, birthdates, etc of them, their parents and grandparents. Then they are given to Family History Consultants, of which I'm one, and we research to see what we can find. When the research is finished the consultant goes with the missionaries to explain their findings. We're just getting started on it and I'm in the middle of my "Test Case". I'm using JoAnne as my test and I've found quite a bit to get her going. I hope she catches the spirit. That's the point of this program. I heard that in Sacramento, where this was first tried, they had a 900% increase in the number of baptisms and 100% retention of new members. It's really an awesome plan.

Dad and I have also been busy doing some research of our own and will do several more baptisms tomorrow. We need some breakthroughs, though, because we're going to run out of work soon.

Ready for a new question? Here's a good one for right after the election: What U.S. President do you remember most?

No comments: