Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Mom's list

-- Go to the Gettysburg battlefield and the Jefferson Memorial - these are listed as two things, but we can estimate that they'll both be done next summer when Mom and Dad come out here to visit us. I was looking to see what else we could get taken care of on her list while she's out here. Maybe a lighthouse ... Dad's list has something about watching the 4th of July fireworks over the Washington Monument in DC, if I remember correctly.

-- Reading all the standard works in a year - I read something last year that said if you read 7 or 8 (I think 7) pages per day, you can get through ALL the standard works in 12 months. I was going to do it but then we got engaged and I haven't gotten through Section 50 of the D&C. Isn't Section 76 supposed to be "the wall"?

-- See a Broadway play - Mom, didn't you see Les Mis or Phantom once? Those are Broadway plays and they count. Or do you want to see something ON Broadway in New York City? That's something else entirely. Just to warn you, you have to go INTO New York to do that.

-- Clean and organize the office and utility room - I don't mean to be skeptical, but that, I gotta actually SEE before I'll believe either one. (And suddenly, Mom feels VERY motivated. MWA HA HA!)

I wrote a "wildest dreams" list once but it wasn't very realistic. One of the things on it was to provide a voice in a major cartoon ... that's not likely to happen and it's too out of my control to make the cut for the revised list. But I did do the major thing - live in DC for a year. Of course, when I wrote the list, I was figuring I'd be out here for a year and then go back to Oregon, just like every other move I've made. Adam changed that, and now it's looking like we'll be here for at least 6 years. And then, who knows. We'll go where the Lord sends us, whether that's just up the road into Maryland or to Timbuktu. My only request of the Lord is at that time, that we're able to buy a house. With a driveway.

No comments: