Thursday, November 25, 2004

This is Jared blogging.

Guess what! Someone finally made a comment to the guestbook! You can see it there now. I have also updated my page with the calender for December.

Also, I made an odd request a while back, and no one ever responded. So just in case you all somehow missed it, here it is again. As business consultant for Insanity Incorporated, I believe it is time to once again expand the "business" profile of our organization. We have a mission statement and a values list, which seem to have been ratified by the shareholders (since no one suggested any changes). I think that each of the satellite branches needs a division name to maintain the corporate image of Insanity Incorporated. (I'm not saying our family has a corporate image, just that Insanity Inc. has one. There is a difference.) For example, the Texas office is Jared Palmer Unlimited, a division of Insanity Inc. The DC office is Trinadam, a division of Insanity Inc. Maybe in a few months we'll rename that division Trinadamatt. Or Trinadamolly. Anyway, I need branch names for the Utah office, the Canada office, the California office, and the McMinnville office. I don't want functional names, like the legal dept. or dept. of education or Ministry of Magic. I want these names to stick with you even if you move across the country and change careers. Get it? Thanks.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Not exactly C. I don't want departments, I want subsidiary companies. I guess you could technically be a department since you're still based in the home office, but what I'm really looking for is subsidiaries like, for example, Chevrolet and Buick are part of General Motors. Maybe your company is just called "Random, a division of Insanity Inc." Or Random Inc., or Randomness Inc., or Random (an Insanity company) or something like that.

Michelle said...

Some of the names I've made up on my own were things like Jungle Chicken, Skippy, and Elfmarked (or Elfmarker? Elfmark?). Try to imagine it as the name of a company without actually saying anything about what business it is in (ie no Publishing or Motors or anything in the name).