Monday, November 01, 2004

Cooking

You know Mom, I like having the cookbook online. You always know exactly where the recipes are when you need them. I even tried making Stuffed French Bread this weekend, and it turned out absolutely great. And the Apple Crisp was excellant too (although a touch burnt, and even then I had pulled it out at least 5 minutes early). Last night I was making Taco Bake (which I submitted in the first place), but I had totally forgotten it had tomato sauce in it. We had the sauce, that wasn't the problem, but our friend Barrett was over, and he's highly allergic to tomatos! What to do .. what to do ... we looked in the cupboards to see what we could replace it with, since we knew it needed the moisture. Jason first suggested cream of mushroom, but we finally decided to add chicken noodle soup. I was very worried that it would taste funny, especially with all those noodles. Who'd ever heard of Chicken Noodle Taco Bake?? Everyone was willing to try it (our buddy Chris showed up a little later), and amazingly, it worked! You couldn't even taste the chicken stuff, because the taco seasoning covered it up. Just comes to show that you can get really creative in the kitchen, with good results. Happy Cooking!

No comments: