Monday, November 22, 2004

Ice Cream and Peals

Over all, ice cream is the best, probably for the wide variety of flavors, and the easy accessibility. The flavor really depends on my mood, sometimes I'm all for chocolate, and sometimes I want a gentler fruity flavor (raspberry is so good!). Candy Bar Swirl, Strawberry, and Mint are right up there. Pie is good - especially Mom's pumpkin pie (yes, please post the recipe!) - and I made a banana cream a while back, which was quite good too. And cheesecake. And root beer floats. And I can't not mention my sugar cookies - I always get quite famous among Jason's co-workers for my sugar cookies. This holiday I'll just have to make lots and lots and have a fun time decorating them all. Maybe I'll do make some this weekend instead of Thanksgiving (since ours was back in October). Trina - to make chocolate covered pretzels, just melt chocolate in the microwave, and dip pretzels in, allowing them to cool on wax paper. Jason likes apple pie, and he absolutely loves my apple crisp. I've made it a couple times, and he gets giddy every time it's mentioned. He doesn't like pumpkin pie, unless it's topped with lots and lots of ice cream .. and he loves to put top-scotch (butterscotch/caramel) in his ice cream.

I've started reading Emily's story, and have a few comments so far. The title of the Prologue makes me think of an orange. I'd suggest just leaving it as the Prologue. And then the end can be the Con-logue. (heehee) In the prologue, 4th paragraph, "He knelt and reached under the man's collar, feeling for what he knew must be there. He could feel no pulse; the man was dead. His fingers quickly found what he sought." The last sentence feels weird, because I got the impression that yes, he did just find what he was looking for - the lack of pulse. I'd suggest rewording a little, to avoid confusion. One other thing .. he sees a village though the woods .. either it was small woods, or he was fighting in the woods. Usually the villages are on the other side of the trees, not smack in the middle (but then, it could be for defense). And fighting in the middle of the forest? The trees could be awfully close together, or they could be in a clearing? Again, clarify a little. Otherwise a very good beginning. I'll post more critiques later, unless you just want me to email them to you.

No comments: