Monday, November 22, 2004

okay, maybe not

I did not have an ultrasound today. The doctor just looked inside me with a big flashlight and asked me a lot of questions about our medical history. We had to schedule the ultrasound for another day, and I can't get out of work at all for the next 2 or 3 weeks because of the conference in Savannah (which I am coming to dislike rapidly). It will be on Mon. Dec. 13, as soon as I get back from the trip.

I've started reaching a pregnancy book, and 48 pages in, my strongest conclusion thus far is that pregnancy is not for the squeamish, and labor and delivery are worse. Conversation about every body part under the sun and every possible function is laid right out on the table. When discussing pregnancy with your doctor or your friends or even with people you barely know, anything is fair game. It's interesting, that's for sure.

No comments: