Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Some Pictures from Grandpa's homestead

This one is obviously not from the homestead but was taken when they were living there. My dad wasn't in school yet he would have only been 4 years old. Uncle Bruce was 12, Aunt Inez 10 and Aunt Blanche 9.





The trees and the property in front of it were part of Grandpa's homestead. I'm not sure how many acres he had or how long they lived there. I know they moved back to Wisconsin before 1920 because I found them there in the census.



This cabin was on Uncle Elry's homestead, which was next door to Grandpa's. Uncle Elry lived there for a much longer time. I'm not certain when he moved back to the states but I know that Daddy stayed with him for a while on this ranch. This is where my cousin Bill grew up. He's the one who gave me the directions to begin with.

I'll get more pictures scanned soon and post them on here,too. I need to do this more often so I can remember how to do it.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: