Tuesday, August 10, 2004

nope, not too late

Sorry that I wasn't more clear - the lesson on prayer is this coming Sunday, the 14th. I usually teach every other week, because there are two of us called to teach the class. I will be teaching every week in August (except this last Sunday when we were in Florida, of course) because my co-teacher is on vacation. Anyway, thank you for the verses - they're going to be very helpful. I will be sure to recruit your assistance more frequently. In my setting apart, I was told that my study of the basics in preparation for teaching will strengthen my own testimony of the concepts. These posts are a good start for that, because your thoughts are reaffirming things for me and making me think a little bit harder. So thank you.

The verses that I'm also considering using are Alma 32:27 in connection with the story in Alma ... oh, 20-something, where Ammon and his brother Aaron are teaching King Lamoni's father. Alma 32 says that if you just WANT to know, that's good enough to start. And King Lamoni's father is a fabulous example of how to find out what's true - "If there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give up all my sins to know thee." Or something like that. But the point is made, particularly in an investigator class, where we have one individual (at least, that I know of) who is struggling with the concept of praying to someone/thing he does not quite believe exists.

No comments: