Friday, August 20, 2004

Michelle's two cents

Well it looks like a lot of exciting things are going on in the Palmer family. We are doing great here. Clarrisa="Congratulations!" Good luck in you college endeavers. Jared was selected from his Fry's Electronic's to fly to Atlanta, Georgia next Thurday, August 26 to help open a new store. He will help with training of new employees and he will help work the grand opening. He was the first person from his store who was invited. This will means tons of overtime pay and a much bigger paycheck that week. He will fly home Wednesday, September 1.

I guess if I post I have to tell a traveling adventure. When I was 12 (I believe) I went to San Antonio during the 100th Fiesta. No it wasn't a family vacation. I won first prize at the regional science contest and went to state. That was the biggest fiesta there ever. Street performers, authentic Mexican food, live music, fireworks, ect. I also saw the Alamo (several times over the years) and looked down one of the actually canons used. Of course, you can't go to San Antonio without riding the ferry down the river walk. I went with the Math teacher and 3 other students. The highlight of the trip was winning 1st at the state contest for the team catagory. I ranked 11th for individual. When I was a week shy of my of my 16th birthday, I was in San Antonio again for EFY. Then I stay an extra week with my 67 year old aunt. This time I went to Sea World, Six Flags, and tubing down the Guadalupe river. It is a great vacation spot for family or a romantic get away. It is one of my favorite places. Other fun places I have been are camping, rock climbing , and swimming at Turner falls in Oklahoma and Cape Canaveral and Cocoa beach in east Florida. That all for me.

No comments: