Friday, August 20, 2004

Mom's story

You know what, Mom? I don't think you've EVER told that story. I just knew that your family was sealed in the Cardston Temple when you were 10. No details. So thank you for finally writing it down.

Most people would think my traveling adventures have a no-brainer for "most interesting" - Australia. But not really because it almost wasn't a vacation - it felt at the time, and still does, like I actually lived there for a short period of time. I had a "regular life" in Sydney with living in a home and being involved in the ward and that sort of thing, rather than just touring everywhere. And quite frankly, I prefer to be an American instead of an Australian. (It is still fun to pretend sometimes to be an Aussie.) I did absolutely love the Sydney Opera House. The beaches there are amazing - the ocean is SO BLUE! The animals in the zoo were fabulous - while walking through the bird section, I thought how much fun it must have been to be God and actually MAKE the birds with all the colors and shapes and sizes. The colors of the birds there were so bright - not the typical browns and muted tones of birds in North America. I'd never seen anything like it.

And I've had PLENTY of interesting adventures in traveling around the US. I'm looking forward to a heck of a lot more now that I have my eternal traveling partner. He's fun to travel with, like when we went to New York for Memorial Day, and went to Sleepy Hollow just because he found it on the map when he was navigating. He fits in just fine with our family's Road Warrior mentality.

Love, Trina

P.S. Oh, and Clarissa - it's COLLEGE, with an E. Collage, with an A, is that art thing with lots of random pictures.

No comments: