Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Insanity Inc. goes global!

Instead of names on t-shirts, we have email addresses. How's that for getting into the 21st Century? ... I wrote to Eric about this very thing in February or March or something ridiculous like that, and I've been waiting all this time to say "Insanity Inc. goes global!"

My nominations for the family domain name are: insanityinc.com (or insanityincorporated, if the inc one is already taken, although I can't imagine it would be) OR palmerclan.com OR captainchaos.com. Or .net - that part doesn't concern me so much.

For emails attached to the domain ... I propose that we do nicknames rather than our first names, similar to how we had the t-shirts once upon a time. Jason and Mindy could be "canucks" and Adam and I could be "terroristbait" and Emily could be "Disneycharacter" and ... you get the idea.

I think we should keep the blog as part of the new site, or something akin to it where we can post random news and comments and have conversations and stuff. Maybe a message board so we can have multiple conversations going at once on various topics. (They're called threads.) I also like the idea of everyone having their own folder to post pictures and other miscellaneous things (but mostly pictures, since we live all over the country now). I suggest that Eric remain as Head Technical Administrator of the entire project, with maybe Adam or someone else who knows what they're doing as the assistant. Jason? I don't know about Jared and Nathan, but I'm relatively certain that none of us girls know what we're doing in maintaining a website, or even posting something on one, for that matter.

Money - divide it per family rather than per person. Tawnia would, I guess, be on her own since she's now living in Utah, but Emily and Clarissa could be in with Mom and Dad. So Eric, you get the final number and divide by ... 7, and give us the total, including email costs. If someone can't afford whatever the amount is, we'll work something out. I'd be willing to help cover someone so we can get this thing off the ground. In the future, when it's 3 bucks a year apiece, or whatever, Eric rounds off the figure so we all send him our little dollar bills and NO COINS, and keep what tiny bit of change is left over for your aches and pains of maintaining the site.

I'll shut up now before I get any more wound up than I already am. Besides, it's almost time to go home from work.

Mom - you could make a list of "what my list would have been when I was 20, and all the things I've already done prior to being 50 ..." or something like that. I know it would include going to the Grand Canyon. I did that last year - all the things I did by the time I was 30 - I hadn't intended to go to Australia, or buy a brand new car, or live in Montana, or graduate from college, or go on a mission ... but I did. It was more of an accounting of what I'd done instead of a goal list. Those are okay too.

I'll share the "Trinadam 50 by 50 list" when we have it done. Most of it now is about graduate degrees and traveling. We want to go to Europe before Adam finishes at Georgetown - it's cheaper to fly to London from DC than it is to fly to Portland. That's the big one. When are you going to tell us more of your's, Mom?

Love, Trina and Adam

No comments: