Wednesday, June 29, 2005

well, okay

Okay, so it's not THAT bad. Mom and Dad did leave a message for Adam's birthday on Saturday. We were at a friend's house for a BBQ. And the 4 girls were all together that afternoon before going to the Manti pageant, and they made a group call to Adam for his birthday too. That was very cool - we both appreciated it. AND Nathan and Amanda's message on my cell phone was very fun (but we got no reception at the BBQ - that house is in some weird dead zone for all cell phones.) AND Brooke and Bryan sang to him when I called them about some stuff. Eric didn't call Adam, but he sent a very hilarious card that is now displayed on top of the TV.

But even with all that, we have no idea where the vacationers are or when they're expected in California. As they wander the West Coast, I am still sitting at my desk at work. And today, Adam is at the Capitol. Still no statements of resignation from the Supreme Court, and looking less likely by the day, so his internship is looking to be more quiet than anticipated. I do wish many adventures for him and that would have been a great opportunity, so I'm kinda disappointed. But the other part of me is NOT disappointed because if it's quiet all summer on the Hill, then he will be able to come with me the whole time I'm in Seattle. That's a good thing.

No comments: