Thursday, June 02, 2005

Summer Days, etc.

Summer (well, it's still Spring, right?) is overcast today. June gloom and all. Not what you may think of when it comes to Southern California in June, but that's the way it is.

Graduation was great. I'll have pictures up of all kinds of things soon, but one such thing will be graduation, especially the historic meeting of Gary and Karen and Gary and Karen. It was sweet of Uncle Gary and Aunt Cheryl to make the trip out, and Laurel and I also made an appearance at Billy's daughter Kate's birthday party in Whittier.

My childhood was a while ago, but I remember one time when we had a Pack meeting at McMinnville's city park and there were hardly any other cub scouts there because it was August and people were on vacation. I think I advanced to Bear that time which would've made that 1983, but I'm not sure. It could've been later. I remember eating root beer floats in the late afternoon and Dad serving the ice cream out of one of those round red containers.

I may be combining memories, but it was something like that.

Again, pictures are coming soon. We keep having things come up. We had dinner at other people's houses Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It'll be strange to be home tonight. (Yesterday was Curly's second birthday. We had chocolate cake shaped like a cat, and watched Old Yeller.) I'm hoping to post some pictures tonight. I hope you like them.

Your pal,
Eric

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

That's a rather creative way to celebrate the dog's birthday.