Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Boxes

Well, I've been going through boxes and boxes of all my stuff and trying to narrow things down, A LOT. I am leaving all my kitchen stuff here. I'll probably take it with me next summer when I come down for the reunion. Maybe I'll be moving into a house and I'll actually need some of those items. For now I'm mainly taking books and the notes from all my education classes.

I should take this opportunity to write about "the special things I did with my Dad." One of my favorite Dad memories is when I moved back to Logan after having just bought my car about three months previously. Dad decided to drive down with me, since I had NO previous free-way driving experience. I remember talking to him about everything and I got the entire dating/engagement story from Dad's perspective, with details that I don't think I'd heard before.

Another thing I like to do with Dad is watch him laugh. His laugh is usually silent... he turns red and shakes a lot. One time I remember he was laughing so hard at something someone had said or done at the dinner table, that he fell off his chair.

Some other things I remember doing with Dad -- putting a new roof on our house, eating breakfast on Saturday mornings, talking about family history, and getting father's blessings whenever I needed them.

Love,
T

1 comment:

treen said...

My opening statement is that about a month ago, I asked Mom to get some specific things out of my boxes and ship them to me, and she said that she was going to wait until now when you were pulling everything out. AND I might as well haul some things back here during my Seattle trip. So I need to discuss that sort of stuff with her.