Monday, June 27, 2005

rrrrrroad trip!

Adam and I, in a spur of the moment decision, are going to the Hill Cumorah Pageant in 2 weeks. I called the Palmyra Temple this morning to reserve seats in the endowment sessions - I said that I didn't care what time, but I needed 4 seats. We got the LAST block of 4 in the whole day. Good thing I called at 8:30 this morning! The idea has been floating around in the back of my head since I moved here to DC because Palmyra is 7 hours away - decent for a long weekend trip. We watched the new First Vision DVD in Sunday School yesterday, and that really brought the idea to the surface. So we checked when the pageant is and we were already taking Monday the 11th off work anyway ... so we're going. YAY!

In other good news, we have broken the Curse of Three. Since we changed our temple attendance goal from monthly to weekly, we've only made it 3 weeks in a row and then we miss one. This last week, we finally made it to 4, and we have plans for the next 3 weeks so it will be at least 7. This coming Saturday is ward temple night, then we'll be in Palmyra and we have to do a session in DC that week as well because Jori is coming from Oregon (she's going to NY with us), and the week after that a recently-baptized sister in our ward is going through the temple. Then we can do an 8th week before the summer closure. After that, we'll be back on to see if we can break the streak of 8.

No comments: