Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

I may have been the last one to talk to Dad, but I get to see him tomorrow, and then I'll have a long drive to talk with him all by myself. My favorite memory of Dad is going shopping with him, and he'd let me buy stuff that Mom would probably have said no to. Like when we went up to the mall to pick up "The Princess Bride" and we stopped at the Disney store, and I bought some stuff, like my Eeyore.

When I first saw the word hat, I thought of the Mad Hatter Hat at Disneyland as well, at least the Space Mountain scenario - me, Trina, Tawnia and Nathan, with the glow things on our glasses .. and the "well so do you, but we don't complain". Cuz while we were laughing about that, Trina made the comment that "It's Disneyland! This is where people wear mouse ears and old ladies where big funny hats." Which makes me think of Mom's pink hat too .... hehehe

2 comments:

Skippy said...

I do not remember the story behind, "well so do you, but we don't complain." Could you refresh my memory, please?
Nathan

treen said...

We were in line for Space Mountain with the glow tube things wrapped around our glasses, because we wanted to see how they would look in the dark. We were laughing up a storm already, and some guy in the other line said that we looked like idiots. Just as we took off running to fill a big gap in our line, Mindy popped off with "Well so do you, but we don't complain." We laughed more about Mindy's comment (and us girls still do) than about the glow tubes on our glasses. It was the 1995 Disneyland trip, the month after my mission when we were there for the 40th birthday of Disneyland. And now it looks like a bunch of our family are going for the 50th (which they did celebrate in Florida). Very cool.