Sunday, June 19, 2005

Hats, Father's Day, and so on

Happy anniversary, Trina and Adam. I know I should have posted that yesterday, but I wasn't here. First, Clarissa and I went with Dad to the airport to pick up Tawnia. And then in the evening, we had a branch activity -- roller skating. I didn't do very well, as this was only about my second time skating (and the last time was about 1999), so I clung to the wall most of the time, but a lot of people offered to help, and I wasn't the only inexperienced skater out there. We also had fun on the bus ride. Afterwards, we came back to the church for pizza and ice cream, and several of us went to see "Star Wars." They were handing out posters of Darth Vader that say "Who's your Daddy?" I'm giving it to Dad for Father's Day.

I have a few hats. I remember in Young Women's once they gave us hats and then we would have buttons from the different activities to attach to them. I don't think I ever actually wore that hat. And I remember in Texas there was a store going out of business, and everyone who bought $20 worth of Harry Potter merchandise would get a hat for only a penny. So we bought a couple of beach towels and a poster, and I got my hat. And there's the hat that I bought while I was in Florida; I got it at Animal Kingdom, just because I wanted something that resembled a safari hat. Then there was the big purple hat that I got for Christmas one year; I think Eric gave me that.

Emily

No comments: