Saturday, January 22, 2005

Emily's Folklore Project

Dear fam,

As part of my Mythology and Folklore class, we have to make a collection of our own folklore. For my project, I plan to collect inside jokes, such as, "The jello is good." Of course, I can't just give the one line -- I need the story of its background and what inspired this comment, best if recorded from one who was there when the infamous line was first uttered, or even the person who said it! I can use myself as a source, but I'll also need your help. What inside jokes do you know -- and are willing to share -- and remember where it comes from and what sparked it and when you say it? I'll post this project on my webpage when it's complete, which will be about the middle of March. I already told my sisters about it, and they responded with enthusiasm.

Love ya,
Emily

No comments: