Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dear Parent:

Yesterday, I got a letter from Georgetown University, and it started out "Dear Parent." Adam and I found that very amusing. I am a lot of things to him, but "parent" sure as heck isn't one of them!

Two pretty major things to report - one is that I got a new cell phone number yesterday and I will email the number. Adam and I are now on a family plan together with DC numbers. Hooray! Number two is that the DC DMV has decided they've had enough of me pestering them, so after FIVE MONTHS of working on this, today I got the DC license plates and parking sticker for the car. They're in my bag - Zippy will be adorned with his new tags tonight when I get home. That one gets more than just a "hooray!" It deserves the frickin' Hallelujah chorus. We're becoming more fully entrenched in DC residency ... as far as I can tell, the last couple of loose ends to get finished up are for Adam to switch over his license to DC from Florida (which was a piece of cake and took 20 minutes, even with changing my name, and included voter registration), and for me to get signed onto Adam's bank account. And then we're set. It's a little strange to think of this paperwork transition period finally coming to a close, but I've been here in DC for 15 months, and we've been married for almost 7 months. It's about stickin' time we got all this garbage done!

No comments: