Saturday, July 02, 2005

What's more important?

First of all, happy birthday to Michelle. I'm sure Mom will call to say hi, and I'll try and get in on that call. We love you and are very proud of the great job you're doing with Brooke and Bryan. And Jared.

On another more Trina-related topic, you're wrong. We will not be ignoring this riveting turn of events in our nation's history while at Disneyland. We will be discussing potential Supreme Court nominees while waiting in line for the Peter Pan ride and will be debating the legacy of Justice O'Connor while spinning around in the teacups.

Most importantly, we will be strengthening our family bonds and enjoying our time together. And when you think about it, this is actually one of the most important things we could be doing with our time. The Supreme Court will eventually pass away but our family is forever.

Oh, and I'm very excited for this fantastic opportunity for Adam. An insane amount of hard work and long hours is a great opportunity for growth. We're very proud of both of you.

Just remember, just because we're not as involved as you are in the machinations of the federal government, doesn't mean our lives are meaningless. The beauty of our country is that we can pursue our own interests. And some of us (not me, but some of us) are not that interested in government.

1 comment:

treen said...

*sigh* Here we go again: Just remember, just because we're not as involved as you are in the machinations of the federal government ... blah blah blah. That paragraph.

Yes, I KNOW that. We've been rounds on this, Eric. The "fritter your time" comment - I had just been informed by Adam that he might skip our New York trip, and I immediately laid the smack down. (He's going.) Wish I were doing some frittering of my time. If I post about politics, it's because I'm venting or just telling you what we did that day, because it's the ONLY thing we do. EVER. I am not making judgment calls on anyone else's life, or trying to persuade opinions, or anything else. And I'm also not going to have this conversation again.

And, I'm sure it will come as a surprise to you all that I really HATE politics. Government, I can handle. The "politics" aspect of this has become so viciously hateful and dispicable that it's literally giving me migraines. I have told Adam repeatedly that if we weren't married, I honestly would have left DC by now. Why is he rushing to graduate and get through law school? So I can get OUT of this crap.