Tuesday, July 26, 2005

updated

I put up an "under construction" notice last Thursday, and I've already got the first section of my page done, and up for viewing. I'm going to keep working on other sections as I get them, but I do hope you enjoy what I've got as of now.

When I was in high school, we had seminary in a little house about a block off of campus. One day in the spring (my senior year, I think) I was walking there, and I saw a huge pile of sawdust in the driveway of our neighbor. Jenna came up with the great idea of helping out, since it was an elderly couple that lived there (and I do mean elderly), so we got permission from our seminary teacher .. and we spent the entire class period, and some of after school helping out by spreading the sawdust in all the flower beds (which were absolutely beauitful). It was tough work, but totally worth it .. she gave us each fresh boquets of flowers from the garden, and said the sweetest things. And of course there was that wonderful feeling we had afterwords. She sent notes over to the seminary building, with a treat or flowers, several times, just to say how impressed she was with the youth that passed her home. So, not only were we doing service, but we were showing this lady what wonderful things come from the church and its members.

No comments: