Saturday, July 23, 2005

Christmas in July

I'm very proud of myself right now so I'm going to post this - I have finished the first of the 8 fleece blankets I'm making as Christmas gifts for our nieces and nephews. (Since they can't read, I can post this.) I got the cutest fabric for Brooke (it's castles for the princess) and Adam's nephew Ben (he really likes frogs) - I cut the edges last night and tied the knots all around the sides on Ben's. Adam finished tying it this morning. I need to get the material for all the others, but it's a start and one is done. Yay! I'm not making them double-thick - just one piece of fleece. All of our nieces and nephews live in warm climates - Florida, Texas and California.

Nothing particularly stands out in my memory about camping as being unusual from any of the other trips. I always liked it. I think the only time I've been camping as an adult, since 1991 when we went to Yosemite and Sequoia was when I went to Glacier and Yellowstone with Terry and Brian when I lived in Montana. They had all the gear and I used one of the Nowling's sleeping bags. Hiking the Highline Trail at the very top of the Continental Divide was really awesome - the jagged peaks were literally just above us. Adam and I plan to camp - we've been coveting camping gear any time we walk through that section of a store, but we don't have the money to get it right now and we don't have anywhere to put it anyway. We do have an air mattress and pump, and we got a regular sized cooler for our road trips that we can use while camping. And we have our list of places we want to go sooner or later.

No comments: