Saturday, July 30, 2005

Service

Well it looks like everyone has mentioned something about service to Jared except me. At least that is what he said when he called me last night. So here are my thoughts about that. I do not have any specific stories about me or Jared but a theory as to why service works the way that it does. Jesus said in the sciptures that when you are doing service unto the least of these my brethren you are doing service unto me (matt 25:40). The scriptures also say that you can not serve two masters because you will love one and hate the other (matt 6:24). I believe both of these are scripture masteries so everyone has heard them over and over, but here is my theory. When you are serving for the wrong reason (ie reward, you were forced) you do not feel of the spirit as much because you are serving the wrong master. But when you are serving with the intent to serve, you are serving your master by serving the least of his brethren. Obviously both those scriptures are refering to service but they are more closely related than I previously thought. When serving with an attitude of gain and greed, you are serving the wrong master, but when serving righteously the spirit can more fully bear witness to you that what you are doing is the right thing.
I hope that all of that made sense and that it helps you with your talk Jared.

Nathan

No comments: