Monday, July 25, 2005

Here's a new question...

Michelle and I have been asked to speak in sacrament meeting next Sunday. We're not really surprised about that. What was surprising, though, was that they did not assign us topics. We got to pick our own. So my topic to speak on next Sunday will be "The Celestial Law of Service." Or something like that. So my question for all of you is, what are some experiences or memories or favorite quotes or inspirational teachings about service? Experiences or memories that include me are of course preferred, but anything that you find particularly inspiring will be most helpful. And since I have to give this talk next Sunday, please share your thoughts sooner rather than later. And thank you in advance.

As for the last question, my special memory of camping was just a few months ago when I took Bryan on his first overnight campout. We had a stake father/son outing in the spring, so I borrowed a tent and took Bryan to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, sit by the campfire, and sing songs. He had alot of fun.

We are gradually getting settled in to our new home here in Houston. We have begun potty training with Bryan, which is quite an adventure. Everyone has finally gotten over strep throat and whatever other ailments we were afflicted with last week, so we are now back to relative health and wellness. Brooke still takes antibiotics for her kidneys, of course.

Speaking of Brooke, she will register for school next week, and class will begin on August 16. We have purchased her school uniforms (yes, uniforms) already and she is very excited. Michelle said that when she was trying on the clothes at the store, she would dance in front of the big triple mirror in the fitting area with each article she tried on. Michelle said it was very cute. I can't help but think she's 5 1/2 years old, and she already loves shopping for clothes. I'm in trouble.

No comments: