Saturday, July 02, 2005

Freedom Festival

Well, What I'll possibly be doing on the fourth is listening to concerts and going on carnival rides. Provo has this thing called Freedom Festival that started yesterday continues today, and resumes on Monday. (They skip Sunday, a Utah thing I'm sure.) There are concerts going on, a different group each hour from 11 a.m. until the last group starts at 9 p.m., and they are going on in three different tents as well... so LOTS to hear, and they also have booths selling things and carnival rides going on. I went down last night and listened to a group called "Moose Butter". I've heard them a couple times before. They are a lot of comedy, and some music also. They sang a song about Harry Potter and my favorite is a Star Wars song that uses several of John Williams songs (not just the Star Wars themes, but also Jurrasic Park, Jaws, Superman, and E.T.) Then we listened to another group called "Simple People" I liked some of their stuff, especially when they turned some oldies into Blue Grass. (Such as "They're Coming to America" and "Born to be Wild")

Today I think I'm going to head down and listen to a few more concerts and then tonight I'm going to Springville to listen to another concert and watch a movie in the park there. It will be fun.

I'm enjoying my guitar, I play it every day. My hair is really short and I'm still getting used to that. I've gotten lots of compliments on it, but it's still weird for me.

That's all my news.
Love,
T

P.S. My address for the fall will basically be the same, just change the #11 to #2 and leave the rest the same.
If you don't have my address I can e-mail it to you, or call you with it, orMom and Dad have it.

No comments: