Friday, July 29, 2005

travel bug

Adam and I have lofty travel dreams, like backpacking around Europe and snorkeling with the brightly colored tropical fish in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Our "local" travel plans include the following:

-- a Church history tour to Kirtland, Nauvoo, Winter Quarters, and around Missouri.
-- a Civil War history tour of all the major battlefields in Virginia
-- camping and hiking in the following national parks/regions: Shenandoah Valley, Aidirondacks, Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and others that I can't think of right now. (Not all in the same trip.)
-- California to visit Eric and Laurel, and Brandon and Beth, and Sarah and Joseph, and lots of other family and friends, and because Adam has never been to California. I would like to attend all the temples in that area, and go boogey-boarding at the beach.

There are others, but that's a start. We really do want to go to those places - "travel wishes" doesn't have to just be all those places you truly don't think you'll ever get to go.

Eric - a question about your family time - do you do FHE with other people, or is that just for you and Laurel? How far in advance do you decide your FHE plans? Do you have FHE on Monday or some other day? What made you choose those subjects and activities? Just looking at your list gave me some ideas, so I was hoping to get a few more details from you.

I also have a question for everyone, also triggered by Eric, cuz I didn't know he was in the Elder's Quorum presidency. What calling does everyone have in their ward? I realize that Jared/Michelle and Nathan/Amanda probably don't have any right now because they just moved ... or maybe their bishops were speedy. I was just wondering ... Adam and I are ward missionaries, we arrange the ward temple trips, and I teach Gospel Essentials at church.

Oh yeah, and second Mom's question - what's up with that picture of Bryan on the calendar? He's all mouth. Was that taken through a window or something?

No comments: