Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Service

The first thing that comes to my mind is our Christmas Caroling cookie deliveries. Some people have mentioned that it wouldn't be Christmas without our visit. I think we've only missed a few years in the 35 years we've been married. Were you with us the time we caroled to the Belnap's in August? They were leaving on a mission and wouldn't be home at Christmastime. We've done lots of other service projects, of course, some with ward members and some on our own. My latest service is my calling as a family history consultant. I love helping people find their ancestors. Today JoAnne is going to come over so we can get several names ready for the temple. That is very rewarding service.

By the way, I promised to tell you all what my new calling is. I am now the first counselor in YW. Rachel (Vigil) Rollins is the president. I'm excited and a little nervous. I told her Sunday that this must be to make me feel young. I'm sure I'll be involved in lots of service projects with this calling.

I'd better run and get ready for JoAnne to come. I also have a bunch of other stuff I need to do.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: