Friday, July 01, 2005

Knott's Berry Farm

Yesterday we went to Knott's Berry Farm. To start off, Dad, Gary, Sarah, Tiffany and me (Mindy) went on a ride called the Silver Bullet. We were very excited, since we hadn't been on rollercoasters in a while (especially me, considering I hadn't been anywhere since Disneyland 10 years ago). This probably wasn't the best ride to start off on, since it had multiple upside-downs. Going upside-down isn't a bad thing, except that it was twisting and stuff at the same time .. Dad came off of it awfully sick, and me a bit sick. Neither of us got really sick though, so no messes to clean up, and by lunch time we were both feeling better. We went on a wussy "coal train" ride .. no speed at all, no drops, just boring ... and then the log ride. It's kinda like Splash Mountain, only more bumpy during the "slow" parts, and a shorter drop at the end. Fun though. I ended up going on the "Xcelerator" with Cheryl, Sarah, Gary, and Tiffany .. SUPER fast ride right from the start, up a HUGE peak, and then straight down the other side, around the track a few other turns, and you're done before you realize it. But it was cool, and very impressive to see how high I'd been. We went on the Carousel, Mexican Hats (like the teacups), and the DragonBoat Swing before we headed to lunch .. and had to wait a REALLLY long time for that. The food was tasty though, and it gave us more energy for afterwords. Then Bumper Cars, and Big Foot Rapids (twice). Gary, Sarah, and Tiffany went off and did other stuff while the rest of us went and saw "Snoopy's Summer Vacation on Ice" .. fun music, good skaters .. nice break from all the walking and walking and walking. By this time I realized I was getting sunburnt, but it was too late to do anything about it. I had already put sunblock on my face, and I still came out of the park looking like a tomato. Oh well. After that I went on the Perilous Plunge with Gary, Sarah, and Tiffany .. go up, small turn, and head straight back down, into a huge pool of water .. so you can get soaking wet, and splash everyone that's standing on the bridge. I was wet for most of the evening after. Ummmm .. and I went on a few other rides again, but those were the exciting ones. It was fun. We had a good time, and slept wonderfully once we got home. I'm sunburnt, but I'm hoping it mostly goes away by Monday (California Adventure day) so I won't look so red in all of those pictures too.

No comments: