Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm Alive

An update on my life.

By Tawnia G. Palmer

On Saturday I ended up going to Springville with a few friends. We listened to a concert while playing cards and were then given a free CD. Then we watched "Back to the Future" which I don't think I'd ever seen from the beginning. And the storm which we were told was going to rain us out avoided Springville until after we were gone (I guess it was really stormy in Provo while we were in Springville though.)

On Sunday I did the usual Sunday things, plus an unusual Sunday thing. I drove 100 miles to Brigham City and visited with Rachelle (Rawlings) Anderson and her family. She invited me to her grandparents for dinner with her extended family (whom I had mostly already met.) Janessa, her three year old, loves me now, which was nice, but Rawlin, who's just over a year old, would scream if anyone other than Rachelle was holding him. I did hold him for a bit while Rachelle was changing Janessa and was able to get him not to scream by feeding him fritos. The trip was all worth it though because I was told I was beautiful and asked where my husband was.... I thought that was pretty funny.

On Monday (the fourth) I got up early and went to breakfast at the R.S. President's house. Then I walked down to the parade from there. The parade was fun, it lasted for about two hours and I enjoyed it. I guess that SLC has big stuff for the 24th of July so Provo gets the parade on the 4th. After that we went down to the freedom festival for a bit, but there wasn't really anything there to do so instead Annie and I went home, ate lunch, and watched Pride & Prejudice. That afternoon there was a BBQ with about 25 people from my ward. I played frisbeee with some friends, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. We ended the day by driving to Lehi and watching some fireworks. Actually we watched most of them from the car as we were driving... got there, watched for five minutes, then they ended and we drove back home. (Funny thing there weren't any fireworks in Provo on the fourth... how dumb is that!)

Tuesday was spent at the library trying to get some things done for the beginnning of the school year.

Wednesday I went to Lagoon with Amy, Annie, Bryce and Ryan. It was fun. I like this new ride they have called the spider. It reminded me of this ride that Mom, Dad, and I went on at Disneyworld. Mom would laugh every time it came to any little bump and by the end I was laughing really hard, at her. Anyway, so I went on that ride twice, and on several other rides also. I figured that since Mom and Dad and the girls were having fun at theme parks I could at least have ONE day. Except that it really made me miss Disneyland, because they take much better care of their facilities, it doesn't smell bad, and the rides are at least 10x better.

Thursday I spent cleaning my room. I decided that the books that are just going to go and be part of my classroom library don't need to stay in my bedroom right now... so I labeled them, inventoried them, and boxed them up. Now they are in the back seat of my car, where they will remain until I can put them into my classroom.

Today I went and saw Madagascar. It was a cute movie, and didn't cost me anything. I had a gift certificate from my old school. Tonight is a ward BBQ (steak, potatoes, and water balloons.) And then I think I might be hiking the Y.

Tomorrow I have a staff meeting. The first one ever. It's pretty weird for me still, that I'm actually going to be teaching. Hopefully I'll have things figured out for the first week of school... but I'm still going to be scared spitless.

Anyway, Mindy I need you to call me, if you haven't already when you read this.

Love,
T

2 comments:

Skippy said...

spitless, huh? don't forget to get a large jug of spit so when you feel that way you can drink it up and feel refreshed and probably down right sick.

Eric said...

Nathan! That's disgusting!