Tuesday, July 26, 2005

more service

I played secretary for Adam today and scheduled our visit to the campus of William and Mary. It's Sept. 12. He won't have classes on Mondays, and yes, I will take the day off to go with him.

Mom - that's awesome that you're working in YW. I had a blast. Are you going to earn the new YW medallion like I did? Recommendation: don't rush it like I did. I knew I had to rush it because of moving in the fall, so I did. But looking back, I kinda wish I hadn't. I definitely would have gotten more out of it if I had taken my time and focused more. And do the journal entries. Those are a fantastic way to reflect on how the Personal Progress program really can help anyone grow - adults as well as teenagers (and men as well as women, if you get right down to it). I tried to take all of the tasks which are obviously written for teenagers and mold them to fit my life and circumstances - I didn't take the easy way out of doing them exactly as written. That was a good thing too. I also think it helped that I was literally working WITH the girls and signing things off WITH them, instead of just saying "I did this when I was a teenager and you should too." Good stuff. I think I'll get out my Personal Progress journal when I get home and read some of it.

No comments: