Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Service

I remember that Jared used to serve me by driving me to and from seminary and school. It was his senior year, so he was going too, but it was also service to me. I can still remember the time we almost got in an accident. Also, when Jared was a senior and I was a sophomore, we both tried out for a play at gallery. He got in, but I didn't. I was pretty sure that it was mainly due to my lack of experience. So Jared ended up calling the director and asking why I didn't get a part. They said I sang well, but I didn't have much acting experience. He asked them to give me a chance and they said I was welcome to show up at the first rehearsal. At the first rehearsal one of the other girls didn't show up, so I got her part. Now, I'm not this amazing actress or anything, but I enjoyed the experience of being in that play and I'll always remember that my brother was the one who got me that chance.

The other thing that service really makes me think of is Visiting and Home teaching. I have seemed to end up with fabulous visiting teachers who truly love me and want to serve me, right when I seem to be struggling the most. And twice those visiting teachers have ended up becoming my roommates later. It is interesting how the Lord puts people in our lives when we most need them. I think it is important for people to listen to the promptings of the spirit because you never know when you'll be answering someone else's prayer.

Anyway, I'm off to do some service now. I'm helping do assesments of all the kids that will be starting at our school this fall. (All 525 + students) Okay, so I won't be assesing ALL of them, but several.

I'm excited that Brooke is so excited about school starting, and her school uniforms. I hope that enthusiasm never dies. And good luck with potty training Bryan. I can still remember when Brooke called and I answered the phone and she said, "I went potty!!" She was trying to tell Grandma, but she wasn't at home... so I got to be the one that heard.

Have a great day everyone.
Love,
T

No comments: