Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Prodigal Returns

Hi everyone. Merry Christmas! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've meant to, but I'm just not on the computer at home as much as I was at work. Plus my connection here is so dang slow. I just decided a few minutes ago (after consulting Laurel) that once we're back on our feet financially I'm going to buy a new computer and get a broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable or something...).

But I'm here, Laurel and I are here, and we're fine thanks. I just put a poem onto my page that I wrote today at the park. It is about going to the park. I hope you like it. Today was nice because I finished my semester last night. Ahhhhhhh.

On the Captain Chaos issue, I actually voted against, but my vote wasn't counted because of technical errors. I think we're going to get a new host eventually so the email will work... but after I get broadband (unless someone else wants to do the work of copying and then transferring everything sooner). But we'll set that aside for now. I'm happy to support the will of the majority.

And congratulations to the mighty boy wonder Jed aka Jared Austin Palmer. After six and a half years of marriage you're finally a bachelor.

My favorite Christmas carol is probably "O Come All Ye Faithful" which I remember singing with cousin Gary, very loudly, in Primary. I guess that would've been 1983 and we were 9 years old. I prefer the classics I guess. The ones in the hymn book are really wonderful. One that Laurel and I like to sing together is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". The second to last verse always gets me.

I'm sitting here, trying to think of what else to write. I'm going to try to get into a pattern of posting, every week or something. I do love you all and hope that you all have a happy Christmas. It's been a hard, sad, and wonderful year, and I'm looking forward to what's next.

Love, Eric

No comments: