Friday, December 24, 2004

The Night Before Christmas

Hi everyone,

It's a quarter til nine on the west coast right now, and Laurel and I just finished our Christmas family home evening. Laurel is now on the couch, reading her parakeet book. We're saddened by the death today of Polly's youngest, little Spanky, just nine days old. His older siblings (there are now two babies in the nest) seem to be okay, but Laurel is worried about them. Of course, Polly's first batch did well. Seedy and Sally are doing very well at the Skafs' house, and Sammy and Skeeter share a cage with Petey and are currently making a lot of noise.

We're excited for Christmas tomorrow. We'll be spending Christmas morning at Laurel's sister Rachel's house, watching the kids open presents. Then we'll head over to Uncle Gary's for lunch and Christmas with the Palmer clan. Finally, we'll come home in the evening and open our own presents. It should be a very fun day. I hope we're up for it. We've both been sick with various bugs over the past week or two.

The site looks great. We just went over the timeline and the other new features. Everything looks cool. I'll have to put together a logo suggestion for the contest...

I don't think I've ever felt so much apprehension or excitement about a new year as I do about 2005. I'll be starting a new job (at some point I'm sure!), I'll be finishing my Master's degree, and we'll be working (even more) on having kids. So no matter what turns the road takes, this is certain to be a year with many changes.

I love you all and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Love,
Eric


No comments: